Tuesday, April 18, 2006

times is changin'/young niggas is agin'

Bloggin's gonna be spotty for a week or so more. Camille and I are looking at properties (or, in the proper parlance, "units") to actually buy with money and live in.

I can't describe how far that is from my youthful ideas about what I'd be doing at age 25. Not that this is worse. I thought I was going to be trying to make it as a professional clarinettist. Which meant, presumably, that when people asked me what I do for I living, I would have had to say "I'm a clarinettist." Glad I dodged that bullet.

I'm married. I have a cat, two fish, and a monthly car payment. I'm about to have a mortgage, and in a year and a half I'll be starting law school.

Things just ain't the same for gangstas.

*bends over, hands on knees, breathing deeply in and out*

2 comments:

Zach said...

Five words, one acronym:

C.R.E.A.M.


also, not really related but worth quoting nonetheless if only because it may be my favorite wu tang verse ever:

"I'm tossin, enforcin' my style is awesome. I start more family feuds than Richard Dawson. And the survey says "ya dead." Fatal flying guillotine chops off your fucking head."

Anonymous said...

y'know it's hard out here for a pimp...