Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Lama vs. Boss

JPII is universally recognized as the human being seen in person by the largest number of people, ever.

So, who's second?

Basically, as with many thorny questions facing modern humanity, it comes down to a choice between Bruce Springsteen and the Dalai Lama.

Friends of mine will know where I come down on this one.

I will do a review of the new Springsteen album, unlike all the other ones I promised but never wrote. Just so you know, I made notes for those reviews, extensive notes, but never have time to sit down and write them. From now on when I go to shows I'll just publish my notes verbatim, so it'll be more immediate and authentic. Plus you'll be privy to such critical aesthetic insights as "Move your fucking head, woman!" and "This would probably sound better if I was drinking."

More on the pope tomorrow.

No comments: